Spiders are one of the most feared pests of the home. There are more phobias about spiders than any other pest we treat. Spiders are part of our environment. We have Ground Dwelling Spiders and Web Spiders. Most spiders that we encounter are non aggressive and produce a non toxic bite, but there are those few though that show signs of aggression and whose bites can cause a lot of pain and reaction to venom, giving the spider a bad reputation. Spiders can occupy many different habitats, from trees to underground burrows.
Once spiders have established themselves in and out of your home it is difficult to get rid of them without professional help. Coolum Pest Control carry out an inspection of the property which includes roof voids, crevices, mailboxes, and other common areas specific to spiders. Proper spider identification is important to determine what control method to use.
Coolum Pest Control give you a 6 month satisfaction warranty on spiders on a full internal/external treatment.
There are some measures you can take to help make your home spider free. Example:
- Place a rolled up towel or door stopper under your doors.
- Seal any cracks and crevices around your home.
- Control the insects around your home by keeping up with your pest control. Spiders will quickly move on if there are no bugs for them to eat.
- Keep your lawns mowed and trees pruned. This reduces shelter for spiders.
- Turn off exterior lights at night so you don’t attract insects – the spiders food source.
- Remove spider webs around your home.
- Wear gloves when gardening and wear footwear outside, particularly at night as a safety precaution.
- In wet conditions be alert for ground dwelling spiders.
- Remove toys and clutter in you garden.